Oxford Judo has a strong pedigree of competitive performance, and supports all members from novice to advanced interested in competing. Our two major annual competitions are:
- Varsity – annual team competition with Cambridge. We field:
- Men’s A Team (brown belt +)
- Men’s B Team
- Women’s A Team
- Men’s City Team
- Women’s City Team
- BUCS – British University Championships, open to all students, in addition to the usual gender and weight categories it is also split into grade bands (as well as a team event):
- low grade division
- high grade division (brown belt +).
Members may also compete for the prestigious RMO Cup – awarded to the competitor with the most number of ippons, wins, and medals combined during the year.
In addition to regular training, we offer the following competitive support:
- Competitive focused sessions
- Subsidised travel and admission to competitions
And the following Blues team specific support: